IDeal - Idaho College Savings Program
Comment Policy for all Social Media Channels
The Idaho College Savings Program Board (Board) is happy to provide an educational discussion on social media outlets for our Account Owners and other followers. Comments posted by our followers are their own opinions, and do not reflect the official views of the Board or the State of Idaho.
The Board wants to hear from you, but comments should be courteous. We reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments including those considered to be obscene, indecent, or profane; threats or defamatory statements; hate speech directed at race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability; testimonials or promotion or endorsement of services or products. Comments that are inaccurate or misleading will be removed. Flagrant or repeat violators will be reported. The Idaho College Savings Board may prevent flagrant or repeat violators from commenting or remove their comments from the site.
To avoid violating our policy, remember the following when posting your comments:
- Do not insult one another or the subjects of our posts. Please keep your comments civil.
- Do not use profanity, vulgarity, or hate speech.
- Do not attack other users. Focus your comments on issues, not individuals.
- Do not use all capital letters since that appears as yelling and isn't appreciated by others.
- Stay on topic. Only post comments relevant to the item posted.
- Do not repeat the same comment.
- All advertising will be removed.
- Do not provide any personal information other than your name. Do not provide details about your IDeal account or portfolio. This is a public website, and should be viewed with that in mind.
- Do not request transactions, ask questions about your investments, or raise customer-service issues. Instead, contact IDeal directly at 1-866-433-2533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No testimonials. Industry regulations prevent us from posting stories about how well (or poorly) people have done by investing with IDeal, any other 529 plan, Vanguard, or any other investment company.
- No advice. Industry regulations prevent us from posting specific investment guidance. Suggestions on how to save money are OK, but stock tips or specific mutual fund recommendations are not.
- Posting pictures. Only upload photos to which you own all intellectual property rights or third party materials with the owner's permission. Do not upload any photos of third parties without their consent.
Idaho Public Records Law
The Board complies with the Idaho Public Records Laws and records maintenance policies. All posts, whether maintained on Facebook or in the records of the Board may be open to public inspection and copying.
We may also block any commenter whose posts constitute testimonials, advice, recommendations, or advertisement for securities products or services, or any commenter who posts content, or whose page contains content, that is promotional in nature.
View our Program Disclosure here.